Backup scheduled daily does not always run

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
tvanboening

Post by tvanboening »

I have Fbackup 4.3. I have my backup job scheduled to run Daily every day at 7:00 pm. For no apparent reason, at times, the automatic backup will run just fine for several days in a row, and them boom, it won't run. For example, it ran just fine on Feb 7 and then on Feb 8, it didnt' run. Instead, it stated that the next scheduled backup was for Feb 10, so I had to kick it off manually on Feb 8 and again on Feb 9. The backup information was updated to say that the next scheduled backup was for 10 (today) but it didnt' run and when I looked at the backup information, that statement was now that the next scheduled backup was for Feb 11. This defeats the purpose of having this progam at all and I thought that maybe downloading the latest version might solve these issues, but as stated in my other post, I can't get the latest version to download. I am at a loss.
Thanks.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
We told you in the other post how to install the latest version. After you install it, please let us know if you still have the problem.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

tvanboening

Post by tvanboening »

I have installed the new version and I am still having problems. My last scheduled backup was succesful on 2/14, I made absolutely no changes to my setup and now it is stating that my next scheduled backup is 2/17. this is what it does - it works fine for a few days or weeks, and then boom, it suddenly won't run but every three days.
Help!
TVB

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
We don't have such problems here.

What is different in the days when it does not run?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

tvanboening

Post by tvanboening »

It's Windows 7, 64-bit system and I have set up the schedule for a daily run. I have tried everything I know to discern a pattern and there's seems to be one common thread - windows updates. For example, it backed up automatically Feb 11 through Feb 14. I worked all day on Feb 15 and then checked to see if the automatic backup had kicked off and the notice was last sucessful backup on 2/14 and next one scheduled for Feb 17 and I don't know why until I saw that Windoze had automatically downloaded updates and restarted my computer. I manually kicked off the backup on the 15th and now ran successfully automatically on the 16th through the 18th and is scheduled to go off again tonight on the 19th according to the message, which is the pattern. it works fine for a few days or weeks, and then boom, it suddenly says that the backup won't need to run again for two to three days which seems to happen right around the time of automatic Windoze updates. Would/could one have anything to do with other and if so, why? Thanks!

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
We don't have such problems here.

Do you perform a restart after installing the updates?

tvanboening

Post by tvanboening »

My system automatically restarts after the updates are installed. My system is set up to automatically check for updates and download when available and after downloading, restart.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
As I told you before, we were not able to reproduce the problem here.
Please go to Start->Control Panel->Scheduled Tasks.

Make a copy of the task before the Windows update (when the scheduler works) and compare it with the task after the Windows update. Can you see any difference?

tvanboening

Post by tvanboening »

Ok, it's not just related to Windows updates. It also appears to be related to whether I have actually logged onto my system and worked. I work Monday through Friday at my home office. The backups run just fine every evening at 7:00 pm. If I do NOT work for two or more days on my system, then the backup stops running on its own every Sunday and then states that it won't need to run for another three days. I manually run the backup on Monday, and then it goes to heck again. It didn't run again last night (even though I worked all day on my system) and now states that the backup won't run until tonight. This is indeed a repeatable pattern - don't use the system every day, all of a sudden, the backups stop running, and after that, I can't get them to run consistently for more than a few days in a row without manual intervention. Thank you for your replies, but at this point, I think I will be looking for another program.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Please note the FBackup scheduler will work only if the user is logged in. If no user is logged in, the backup won't start.