fbackup 5.0 build 346

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
nivrij

fbackup 5.0 build 346

Post by nivrij »

Today after updating to this new Build 346, fbackup will not start up. It hangs up in the "loading files" mode.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: fbackup 5.0 build 346

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please rename this folder and try again:
C:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\

FBackup will start with no jobs. Open the .fkc catalog files from the backup destination. The backup jobs will be recreated in FBackup.
Do you still have the problem?

nivrij

Post by nivrij »

Thank you; however...I cannot find the file you listed on the C drive. I am backing up to an external drive and cannot find it there either.
I did let the program run overnight and it did do my backups.

Two things:
1. If I try to bring up the program, it takes a long time to load; maybe 5 - 10 minutes. Is that normal? It wasn't before.
2. I tried to create another backup and under the Schedule option, there is no nothing available to set any scheduling.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

1. The application startup should be faster. Do you have some large jobs or the destination to a slow accessed drive?
2. Do you use an administrator account? Can you create a scheduled task in Control Panel?

nivrij

Post by nivrij »

Hello, I uninstalled fbackup and tried to install the full 5.0 build 358. It froze at 98% with a message that said "...failed to start. Verify that you had sufficient privileges to start system services."
I tried installing "run as administrator", same result. Tried installing again; stopped at 33% then said it had installed; however, nothing there. Any suggestions?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Please try to download the full setup from: http://www.fbackup.com/download/setup/fbsetup-full.exe

nivrij

Post by nivrij »

I did get Build 359 to install. Still takes a long time for the program to open.
I tried to create a new backup but under the Scheduler there is nothing that let's me set a schedule.
The backups that I already have do backup on schedule, but I can't run one manually; will not load catalog.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

The long time necessarily to open the interface is related to the backup catalogs size and location of the sources/destination of the last selected job which is first loaded at application startup.
Please try to rename the FBackup folder in application data folder and see if the interface is still loading slow with no jobs.

What do you mean there is nothing that lets you set the schedule? Can you send me a screenshot to info[at]fbackup[dot]com ?