Can't install FBackup 5.0.355

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
Azuvector

Can't install FBackup 5.0.355

Post by Azuvector »

Windows 7 64bit.

The installer runs, and says it's downloading the .msi file. Partway(60%ish?) through, it just changes to download failed and presents me with the options of Try Again(Which does the same thing.) or close.

I installed 5.0.346 a few days ago, and it seemed to be working well initially, but this morning I noticed that it would simply crash on startup. Hence installing a new version.
(The old version has completely been uninstalled, and the new install is still failing.)

*edit*

Downloading the .msi directly worked. However only in Internet Explorer. Firefox would load the binary file and attempt to display it.

Link provided for the convenience of anyone else having this issue:
http://www.fbackup.com/download/setup/fbsetup.msi

*edit2*

Interesting, the .msi installs 5.0.346 still... (According to the loading splash screen.)
The auto updater(which actually runs now, since fbackup will actually display its GUI now.) seems to say 5.0.355 is there... So, trying to update that way...

*edit3*

And the autoupdate just punts me to the installer .exe again, which fails at 50% repeatedly, downloading the exact same .msi file.

Azuvector

Re: Can't install FBackup 5.0.355

Post by Azuvector »

I'm curious given the 50ish views on this thread and no replies. Is everyone else having the same issue, having no issues at all(Seems really weird that it would just be me, given the symptoms.), or haven't attempted upgrading to the latest version yet?

jake7363

Post by jake7363 »

I'm having the exact same issue.

Thx,
Jake

Keith2830

Post by Keith2830 »

I'm also having the same problem.

Does anyone know when this problem will be fixed? I need to recommend some backup software to some students.

Keith

M_EURIAT

Post by M_EURIAT »

Same problem yesterday 7 evening et this morning saturday 8 trying again from the same download.
I'll wait for the next built, like most people who visited the forum, I presume.

Windows 7 32 bits Home Edition Premium SP 1

Speig

Post by Speig »

Having exactly the same problem, starts loading but fails half way through. Have download .msi and run it but makes no difference.

tonyb007

Post by tonyb007 »

After looking for a replacement for Cobain which doesn't work on my windows 7 I found FBackup.

I hit the same problem trying to install but found this this morning which installed successfully:

http://www.fbackup.com/download/setup/fbsetup-full.exe

martin

Post by martin »

I'm having the exact same issue what can I do to install

Winowino

Post by Winowino »

The problem continues. Uninstalled older version and tried a fresh install after reboot but still will not install; now I have nothing. Would love some problem solving - obviously. :D

Azuvector

Post by Azuvector »

tonyb007 wrote:After looking for a replacement for Cobain which doesn't work on my windows 7 I found FBackup.

I hit the same problem trying to install but found this this morning which installed successfully:

http://www.fbackup.com/download/setup/fbsetup-full.exe
That worked. Thanks and good find.