Warnings during backup

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
fullerdf

Warnings during backup

Post by fullerdf »

My last backup that occurred without warnings was on 3 Oct. Since then I have been getting the following warning messages for four files.

[10/4/2014 3:00:15 PM] FBackup 5.1.589
[10/4/2014 3:01:17 PM] Warning: Skipping file D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms
Destination error (code 133691712). Cannot find description of this error code. (D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms). \\NOTINGHAM\Public\Documents\FBackup\D\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms.
[10/4/2014 3:01:17 PM] Warning: Skipping file D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms
Destination error (code 133691712). Cannot find description of this error code. (D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms). \\NOTINGHAM\Public\Documents\FBackup\D\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms.
[10/4/2014 3:01:17 PM] Warning: Skipping file D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Pictures.library-ms
Destination error (code 133691712). Cannot find description of this error code. (D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Pictures.library-ms). \\NOTINGHAM\Public\Documents\FBackup\D\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Pictures.library-ms.
[10/4/2014 3:01:17 PM] Warning: Skipping file D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Videos.library-ms
Destination error (code 133691712). Cannot find description of this error code. (D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Videos.library-ms). \\NOTINGHAM\Public\Documents\FBackup\D\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Videos.library-ms.

Or like this using version 5.1.596:

[10/6/2014 6:34:05 PM] FBackup 5.1.596
[10/6/2014 6:34:37 PM] Warning: Skipping file D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms
Destination error (code 135198980). Cannot find description of this error code. (D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms). \\NOTINGHAM\Public\Documents\FBackup\D\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Documents.library-ms.
[10/6/2014 6:34:37 PM] Warning: Skipping file D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms
Destination error (code 135199040). Cannot find description of this error code. (D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms). \\NOTINGHAM\Public\Documents\FBackup\D\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Music.library-ms.
[10/6/2014 6:34:37 PM] Warning: Skipping file D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Pictures.library-ms
Destination error (code 135199040). Cannot find description of this error code. (D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Pictures.library-ms). \\NOTINGHAM\Public\Documents\FBackup\D\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Pictures.library-ms.
[10/6/2014 6:34:37 PM] Warning: Skipping file D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Videos.library-ms
Destination error (code 135199040). Cannot find description of this error code. (D:\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Videos.library-ms). \\NOTINGHAM\Public\Documents\FBackup\D\Users\Others\AppData\Roaming\microsoft\Windows\Libraries\Videos.library-ms.
[10/6/2014 6:34:37 PM] Added folder D:\Users\Public\Documents\Audacity Data\Bill Bennett Show Template_data\e00

Prior to 10/3 backups seemed to work without error or warning as long as my network drive was working.

Let me know if you have a suggestion.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Warnings during backup

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Do you have the same problem if you back up to a local destination?

fullerdf

Post by fullerdf »

I am not sure why those files were being backed up. I edited the source files in my backup to "uncheck" the "D:\Users\Others\AppData" folders and the warnings went away. In fact I also unchecked those folders for all users unless I knew that files of interest were included (like the profile for Thunderbird that contains my email). Hopefully I wont miss much that is important.

gman

Post by gman »

Similar to above, certain files can not be backed up. My backup location is a local hard drive.

I had gotten a backup aborted message. I incorrectly tried to backup c:\users\ME\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\backup.fkc, but had conflicts with FBackup running and trying to backup a FBackup locked .fkc file. The worst thing was frequently, the backup would not abort, could not be terminated and resumed after rebooting the computer. I could not edit the source to correct the problem because the backup was "still running". I finally double clicked on the corresponding .fkc file to get control of the never ending backup. Is there an easier way to stop stalled FBackup processes?

My question might be out of the realm of FBackup support.
Is there any advice for what items to backup and not backup? With Outlook, Thunderbird, TurboTax, Quicken and other programs sometimes hiding data in various locations, Is there any recommendations that recognize default save locations of common programs.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

If the FBackup interface is not responding you can try to kill the fbackup.exe process or bbackup.exe from Task Manager.

For the applications you want to backup, we recommend you to use the backup plugins in order to back them up.

gman

Post by gman »

Softland wrote:Hi,

If the FBackup interface is not responding you can try to kill the fbackup.exe process or bbackup.exe from Task Manager.

For the applications you want to backup, we recommend you to use the backup plugins in order to back them up.
Thanks for the great response. I have added some plugins using FBackup>File>Tools>Manage Plugins. How do I get the plugins to run with my backup jobs?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

When you create a new backup job using the backup wizard, on the second step you have: "What do you want to backup?". In the sources list, please select the plugin you want to use. Finish the wizard and run the backup.