Scheduled Backup not running

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
sirtom1961

Post by sirtom1961 »

I manually create a shortcut to FBackup application but it needs permision to run every time

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
The only way to avoid that is to disable the UAC.

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

utilityhelp

Post by utilityhelp »

I get this error when I try to create a scheduled backu:

Error in ITaskScheduler.NewWorkItem

Error code: 0x80070005
Everything was fine until I did and update that was available/current on 12-11-11. I totally uninstalled the program both within windows and the registry.
Note...I'm running Windows 7 Premium

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Do you have the same problem no matter if you use the built-in scheduler or the Windows scheduler?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

utilityhelp

Post by utilityhelp »

Either I don't know what I'm doing in the Windows 7 Task Scheduler and/or what I'm doing just isn't working. I went through all the steps that I know to do concerning creating as task (within Windows 7 Task Scheduler) that runs Fbackup but nothing really happens. It will start the process (note...you have to go into task manager to see that it's actually running) but the interface window won't appear on the screen. I had hoped that I could at least get the main window to open as a reminder so that I would remember to do manual backups throughout the day.
I did some trouble shooting today with two other programs (Ace Backup and Cobian) to see if it was a problem within Windows 7. The Ace Backup gave me an some type of scheduler error when I clicked on the schedule button (i.e. task name already in use???) but the Cobian scheduler worked fine - no problems.
Note...when the problem first started i tried to totally remove Fbackup from the system (registry items included). I don't think that I accidentally removed something needed in the registry for it to work but anything is possible.
Any/all help or guidance is greatly appreciated because I'm really at a loss. It was working fine and them just stopped.
Thanks again for your help!

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
1.Please open FBackup, go to Backup Properties->Scheduler

2.Press Add and select Windows Scheduler

3.Press Set password and type your Windows login password.

4.Press OK and set the start time.
If that is not working, please try again and select "With built in scheduler" option at step 2.

utilityhelp

Post by utilityhelp »

I've tried both things mentioned above and I'm getting the same error pop-up box (see below).

Error in ITaskScheduler.NewWorkItem

I'll be glad to send sequential screenshots of what happens - if needed.
Again, many thanks for your help.

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,
Can you give me access to your computer using TeamViewer?

Please send me an email when I can connect to info[at]fbackup[dot]com

utilityhelp

Post by utilityhelp »

I don't know if that will be possible due to firewall/content filtering software that is in place. Since I'm probably the only person that uses fbackup, I'll have to check to see if it is possible to do a remote access session, if not, hopefully there can be another solution. Again, I appreciate your help/efforts but if a solution can't be found - I totally understand.

jfritz27

Post by jfritz27 »

Hello, hopefully I can revive this thread... I just began using FBackup (a great program!) and have successfuly done a mirrored backup over a network.
I wish to add a schedule for this backup, and I am getting the same error:

Error in ITaskScheduler.NewWorkItem.

This error occurs regardless of whether I choose Windows scheduler or the built-in scheduler. I am using version 4.8 build 289 on Windows XP Pro SP3 system. Hopefully someone can help -- otherwise love the program! Thanks.