btray.exe preventing shutdown

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
mdawn

Re: btray.exe preventing shutdown

Post by mdawn »

FBackup 5 build 240 is preventing my computer from shutting down. First the backup hangs. I try to cancel the backup and then the entire program hangs. I cannot kill the process in the task manager (there are several bBackup processes like bbackup.exe and btray.exe and I cannot kill any of them). if I try a shutdown and restart the computer hangs on "Shutting Down." Last time, the computer hung for over 12 hours. I had to manually shut down the computer and then when the computer restarted so many settings were messed by the forced shut down I had to use System Restore.

I wrote off to Support and all they told me was to use the task manager to end the process (which does not work).

fullerdf

Post by fullerdf »

fullerdf wrote:The exclude filters were all selected (checked). I guess something is wacky. At least for now the source files and the folders mentioned are unchecked. Also the filters are selected.

I'm not sure why the C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs file with -journal causes a warning. I don't see the file with "-journal" suffix but the file itself (i.e. FBackup Configurations(2).fkc) is in the folder without the suffix. I just reran the job and the same error occurred since neither I nor FBackup could find the named file with a -journal suffix.

Why was that file "added" if it does not exist? The template was not modified.
I just looked at the filters on this job. An exclude filter is active that reads -- File name = '*.tmp|*.temp|*.bak|*.chk|*.fkc-journal'. Thus I do not understand why the warnings continue since it is for an excluded temporary file type. The warning reads ----

[11/18/2013 3:49:12 PM] Warning: Skipping file C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\FBackup Configurations(2).fkc-journal
The system cannot find the file specified

Can you tell me how to set up the job so that warnings do not occur?

fullerdf

Post by fullerdf »

I decided to create a new FBackup Configurations job using the provided plugin. After doing so, I ran the job and received no warnings. The old job continues to produce warnings due to the excluded file but for now the new job works with no error or warning. Hopefully my posts will help someone else resolve a similar issue.

Thanks again for FBackup -- a great choice for home use backups.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

@mdawn: Please download the latest version of FBackup 5.0.242. Our developers fixed a problem regarding the shutdown. Do you still have the problem using the latest build?

Ernur

Post by Ernur »

Softland wrote:Hi,

Dear Ernur,
Can you give me access to your computer using TeamViewer to see what the problem is?
Send me an email to info[at]fbackup[dot]com to discuss when I can connect.
Thank you for your kind attention and for your help. I didn't had such a quick help even from the expensively sold softwares. Thank you very much again...