issue with FBackup and network

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
ianhaney1

Re: issue with FBackup and network

Post by ianhaney1 »

Think I sorted the IPC server issue, I closed FBackup totally and opened it up again and is ok on that side now

regarding the following issue
Hi,

If you mapped the network drive as Z:, then why do you try to add it using the UNC path?
Please go to Local destination page and select the Z: drive as destination.
I did the network drive mapping as the z drive on the other PC(not my one) and then went into the job properties and went into local hard drive(is that the right place) but did not see the network drive(z)?

ianhaney1

Post by ianhaney1 »

Hi

I am still having the issue but I think it is Windows 10 causing the issue cause the other computers that are on the network in our office are using Windows 7 still and I can access them all ok from my PC and the one I am having the issue on is the OFFICESERVER-PC which is using Windows 10 so think it is a windows 10 issue on the OFFICESERVER-PC

My own PC is windows 10 as well and as I say I can access the other PC's still that are on the network and they are using Windows 7

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

After you mapped the network drive, please restart FBackup and try again.
The mapped drive should be in the Local drive list.

ianhaney1

Post by ianhaney1 »

Hi

I can only see the mapped network drive on the OFFICESERVER PC but can't see it on my PC still called IAN-PC

ianhaney1

Post by ianhaney1 »

Think I got it sorted

it was because the computer called OFFICESERVER-PC did not have a password and in Windows 10, they want you to enter a password to access the compuer