Terms used in the log

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
MikeyChris

Terms used in the log

Post by MikeyChris »

Could someone please explain the following terms used in the *.backup.log files:
Admin/BkPriv/RePriv : True/False/False

I was logged in as me (admin), so I guess that is what the TRUE means (i.e. YES). What are the other two terms (BkPriv/RePriv)? When I searched the forums, it looked like in most logs, both of those terms were True, so I was wondering why is mine False?

IsWOW64 : True
Am I correct in assuming this means my 64 bit Windows is capable of running 32 bit Apps?

[9/7/2013 11:39:40 AM] Warning: Skipping file C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4M49XCC0\msgrconfig[2].xml
The system cannot find the file specified

Does this mean the file changed or was erased between the time FBackup found the file and when it tried to add it to the backup?

Thanx,
Mike

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Terms used in the log

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

BkPriv/RePriv means Backup Privileges/Restore Privileges.
IsWOW64 means the OS is 64-bit.

The missing file was probably deleted until the backup time, as you assumed, as it was a temporary file.

MikeyChris

Post by MikeyChris »

Thanx for the info.
But you didn't address the reasons why:
"I was logged in as me (admin), so I guess that is what the TRUE means (i.e. YES). What are the other two terms (BkPriv/RePriv)? When I searched the forums, it looked like in most logs, both of those terms were True, so I was wondering why is mine False?"

Now, for reasons unknown to me, when I open FBackup and look at the current log, I am not even Admin - i.e. Admin/BkPriv/RePriv : False/False/False
and my scheduled backups are not running, I assume because of privileges?

Thanx for the help.

MikeyChris

Post by MikeyChris »

OK, I'm getting more confused by the minute. I just did a test backup and then restore. Part of the Restore Log is below. Note I have NO RESTORE Privileges (RePriv). How was I able to retore if I did not have RePriv? How do I get RePriv to be TRUE?

[9/10/2013 8:53:27 AM] FBackup 5.0.182
[9/10/2013 8:53:27 AM] Operating system: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Processor[0] : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
Processor[1] : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
Physical memory (free/total) : 1434 MB/4095 MB
Admin/BkPriv/RePriv : True/False/False
IsWOW64 : True
Locale : English (United States)

[9/10/2013 8:53:27 AM] Initialize comm
AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\Catalogs\Spreadsheets.fkc"
[9/10/2013 8:53:49 AM] GetConsoleComm().Stop
[9/10/2013 8:53:49 AM] Close catalog file "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 5\FBackup.hst"

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The status of the BkPriv/RePriv is listed as it was before starting the backup.
In the case they are false, a request for permission is made to be able to run the backup.
They are listed in log in order to help us find the problems, there is nothing to change here as user.

MikeyChris

Post by MikeyChris »

Softland wrote:Hi,

The status of the BkPriv/RePriv is listed as it was before starting the backup.
In the case they are false, a request for permission is made to be able to run the backup.
They are listed in log in order to help us find the problems, there is nothing to change here as user.
Does that mean before starting the backup, even though I was logged in as administrator (and the ONLY user on this machine) I did not have the privileges to do a backup? If so, to whom was the request made?

As I mentioned in my first post, I have looked through a great many logs in this forum, and most have Admin/BkPriv/RePriv = True/True/True but I only have True/False/False. I'm still confused as to WHY this happens.

Thanx for the help.

MikeyChris

Post by MikeyChris »

Now all my logs show Admin/BkPriv/RePriv = False/False/False.

I'm not complaining as the scheduled backups are now running and being logged. I just would like to understand this privilege thing.

Can anyone explain why this is? I am ALWAYS logged in as me (admin) when FB5 starts its scheduled backup (which is 1:00am, hours after I have stopped using the computer, but NOT logged out).

Thanx.