Thunderbird

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about FBackup
tay

Thunderbird

Post by tay »

Hello. Very pleased with the fbackup program so far, as well as your responses to questions!
Presently, I am backing up Thunderbird in the same way I would backup any other program. It seems to me that I noticed some advisory about how to back up Thunderbird, but I can no longer find it. Is there something extra I need to do to successfully back up that site that is different than for an average program?

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Thunderbird

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

The only thing you have to do is to select the Thunderbird predefined plugin on the sources page.
The other steps are the same as for a normal backup.

tay

Post by tay »

But again, is this available for the free program? If it is, how do I download it? And if I have already attempted to back it up without the plugin, will that be a problem?

tay

Post by tay »

Hoping for a solution to this query.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

This plugin is also available for the free edition. If it does not appear in the plugins list, you can try to add it from the Plugins subfolder under FBackup installation folder.
If you already backed up Thunderbird by manually selecting the files/folders, there is no problem, you will be able to restore those files just fine.
The plugin is useful as it automatically picks the files to be backed up.