I lost almost every backups and can't restore with .fkc file

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
exdiogene

I lost almost every backups and can't restore with .fkc file

Post by exdiogene »

Hello all,

few days ago I tried to do a mirror backup of my C: drive on my USB external 2T SSD drive F: and it stopped because of lack of space(200G on C: used more than 1T on F:, then I got a "!" over my last attempt backup line in FBackup with a "warning link".

Then I tried to do a full backup changing the "mirror" in the properties, that took almost 24 hours to complete and used 266G.

When the backup started it's verify process I did not wanted to wait another 24 hours, then I click on "pause" and closed the window.

The next day I started FBackup and there was no new backup visible, the "warning link" was still there but unresponsive and when I click Restore it say "Backup is empty or catalog file is not available"!

If I right click on my Backup job and select "Test", there is no Backup listed in the Window.

If I select "Jobs Logs" everything is grayed...

Then when I try to "open file" at "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 9\Catalogs" and click on my last backup "Full Backup (1)(2).fkc" after a while it responded :

Catalog file is already loaded
The backup job "Full Backup (1) already uses the catalog file
"C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 9\Catalogs\Full Backup (1)(2).fkc"
Then when I go directly to my USB external 2T SSD drive to open my last backup "F:\BackupWindows10\Full Backup (1).fkc" file it respond :

There is already a backup job with the "Full Backup (1)" name.
Do you want FBackup to rename the imported job?
Yes/No/No to All/Yes to All
I do not know what to do at this point.

I have designed a SQLite application to view inside the SQLite3 files used with FBackup to try troubleshooting and from what I see it seem that everything look fine, but I do not know the internal operation of FBackup... :?

I would like to be able to recover my Last Backup for restauration

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Exdiogene

Adrian (Softland)

Re: I lost almost every backups and can't restore with .fkc file

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please restart the computer and try again to press Test button.
Is the window still empty?

If yes, please send us the catalog file for that job (Full Backup (1)(2).fkc) to info[at]fbackup[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

exdiogene

Post by exdiogene »

Hello Adrian,

I tried to send you the 270MB file "Full Backup (1)(2).fkc" in attachment to an email, but to do so I had to increase my own "email message size limit" to 2G on my server...

It was sent OK, but it did not passed your own google mail system , because it was blocked with this message :

<[email protected]>: message size 388543357 exceeds size limit 157286400 of
server aspmx.l.google.com[172.253.122.26]

So how could I send you this huge SQLite3 file?

The only way I see, would be that I upload it on my own server and you download it from there with a "private" link that I could send you... ;)

Would this be OK with you?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

Yes, that is ok. Or you can send it to us using wetransfer.com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

exdiogene

Post by exdiogene »

Hi Adrian,

I have sent you an email with the file access link and the credentials to recover it.

Keep me posted of your findings...

Thank you for your time,

Exdiogene

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

We will check the files you sent and we will respond to your email as soon as possible.

exdiogene

Post by exdiogene »

Hi,

I have followed the instructions in the email and I did delete the last Backup Job and loaded the "Full Backup (1)(2).fkc" file.

After this, a new file appeared in the same directory "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Softland\FBackup 9\Catalogs" : "Full Backup (1)(3).fkc".

The new file as the same DateTime and size as the "Full Backup (1)(2).fkc" file.

The new job was visible and was able to be tested!

One thing that was odd is that it was a LOT faster to Test the backup, compare to the verification of the Backup that I paused 2 weeks ago! Instead of checking the files for many hours, everything was tested in half an hour. The longest delay was for the last file (after 99% of the testing was done) that took almost 50% of the test time... :o

Is this normal, or the testing is not the same as a Full Backup verification?

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

I cannot tell exactly what happened without seeing the entire job history.
It could be there were some problems last time when the test took longer.