Is Fast mirror not working in v8.0.155?

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
primehalo

Is Fast mirror not working in v8.0.155?

Post by primehalo »

My backups seem to take forever to complete, as in it's only 12% complete at 12 hours and 53 in with an estimated 99 hours to completion. I have a mirror backup with the the "Fast mirror" option set scheduled for once a day. There are a lot of files in the backup (around 100,00 files totalling around 115GB) so I expected the initial backup to take a long time but after that I would expect the backups to go pretty quick since usually not much has changed from day to day but it always takes forever. Also, I always get this message towards the beginning of the log:
Cannot use USN journal for this backup. Reason: There are not enough files in the backup

There are a ton of files in the backup so I don't understand that statement unless it's stating that there are not enough new and changed files but if that were the case then why do my backups take so long?
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (183 KiB) Viewed 7775 times

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Is Fast mirror not working in v8.0.155?

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please send us the last backup log and the .fkc catalog file for that job to info[at]fbackup[dot]com
If the files are large, please put them into a zip archive.

Jim Rockford

Re: Is Fast mirror not working in v8.0.155?

Post by Jim Rockford »

I have just one piece of advice, which may or may not be related to your problem. I used to have a terrible time with this software not backing up newer files, having files deleted on the destination drive that shouldn't have been in mirrored backups, etc. There were complaints from the software about USN Journal files. Eventually it was suggested that I unclick the "smart file scanning mode." Ever since I have encountered no problems with mirrored backups.