Scheduled Backup asking if you want to backup.

Post here if you have problems installing or using FBackup
smc1979

Post by smc1979 »

I installed fbackup on a few customer machines. I have it set to run every day via the windows task scheduler.
Some days it backups up fine, most days it has a message box asking the user if they want to backup.
Very annoying as I can not find any setting for it and the fact it is running from the windows task scheduler. This is with the newest 4.7 version. When I run it from the task scheduler manually it doesn't ask. It seems to happen when the system has been idle for a while and the backup runs.
Also a side note. I always use the mirroring option. I had a customer call me saying the backups where taking 14 hours to complete (They have been using fbackup for a year)
I have it backing up only their profile. I go and look and the backup is up to 2 million files.
Why? Because of the internet cache files. I didn't see the check box to remove files from the backup when they are deleted. After all it is a mirror, it should be a mirror image. So the cache files where being backed up but not cleared.
After putting a check on the backup cleared it all up and backups now take only an hour.
It would be a very good idea to have the checked by default. After all isn't a mirror suppose to be a mirror?
Thanks!

Shane

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
Can you tell the exact message you receive or send me a screenshot with it?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

smc1979

Post by smc1979 »

Sure. As soon as it happens again from one of my customers at their home I will ask them to get a screen shot.
It happens randomly which is odd.
Message was "Would you like to backup?"
Yet on other days it doesnt show.
Thanks again

Shane

smc1979

Post by smc1979 »

Got an email from multiple people today.
Instead of the backup asking if they wanted to backup, it was just sitting at the backup screen. Say backup was successful, but it never shutdown the system like I have it set to. Yet some days it will shutdown others it wont.
Shane

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,
What is different in those days?

Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html